Green Books | Periodicals & Magazines | Chíc Eco Directories
Green Books for Sale
Enjoy Delia’s environmentally-focused book selection and thank you in advance for selecting reads supplied by Amazon. The array of hardback and paperback book topics range from building, to fashion and personal care, to gardening, and to basic living.
Find cookbooks recommended on the Chic Eco Catering blog; with cultural, ag, and culinary links; all helpful for visitors to paradise!
- Adobe Conservation
- Paperback with a user-friendly and straightforward approach to the assessment, maintenance, preservation and restoration of earthen buildings based on time-tested techniques.
- Building Green: A Complete How-To Guide to Alternative Building Methods Earth Plaster * Straw Bale * Cordwood * Cob * Living Roofs
- Illustrated paperback with in-depth descriptions and instructions.
- Building With Cob: A Step-by-step Guide
- Illustrated paperback covering everything from design, planning, and siting to roofs, insulation, and floors.
- Building with Straw: Design and Technology of a Sustainable Architecture
- Paperback guide to hands-on construction.
- Building Your Straw Bale Home
- Paperback how-to book.
- Ecodesign: A Manual for Ecological Design
- Hardcover resource is theoretical and practical.
- Environmental Design of Urban Buildings: An Integrated Approach
- Hardcover explains how to overcome challenges in urban buildings and offers guidance on the use of new materials, techniques and integration of new philosophies.
- Environmental Impacts of Treated Wood
- Hardcover compiles the latest regulations, environmental impact studies, new wood preservative formulations, and state-of-the-art disposal technologies available for minimizing impacts.
- Good Green Kitchens
- Illustrated hardcover encyclopedia of great ideas on how to build a kitchen with a conscience.
- Indoor Air Quality Handbook
- Hardcover solutions to virtually any problem in the field.
- Industrial Organic Pigments: Production, Properties, Applications
- Hardcover technological excellence in the field of industrial organic pigments.
- Natural Remodeling for the Not-So-Green House: Bringing Your Home into Harmony with Nature
- Illustrated paperback written by groundbreaking architects show how to go green by renovating an existing home.
- Organic Additives and Ceramic Processing: With Applications in Powder Metallurgy, Ink, and Paint
- Hardcover can be used as a textbook and as a reference source for working ceramists.
- Sustainable Residential Development
- Paperback provides a much-needed process and examples for planning and designing green communities and buildings.
- The Ecological Engineer, Vol. 1: KEEN Engineering
- Paperback is a valuable resource and touchstone for engineers, architects and other building professionals.
- The Green Studio Handbook: Environmental Strategies for Schematic Design
- Illustrated paperback of resources for both architectural educators and practitioners.
- The Natural Paint Decorator: Recipes, Finishes, Techniques
- Paperback guide to making natural paints and finishes at home from readily available ingredients.
- The Natural Plaster Book: Earth, Lime and Gypsum Plasters for Natural Homes (Natural Building Series)
- Paperback for builders.
- The Philosophy of Sustainable Design
- The past, present and future of green design. This book should be required reading for all architecture students.
- Women in Green: Voices of Sustainable Design
- Paperback questions greener gender implications for the design industry.
- Who’s Green 2007
- Paperback is a pre-eminent resource book for locating firms, companies, organizations and institutions that are actively participating in the growth of the green building industry.
- Yurts: Living in the Round
- A paperback bible on the subject of yurts.
- Yurt Books: find more options on the bottom of the Yurt Living Blog.
- Alternative Methodologies for the Safety Evaluation of Chemicals in the Cosmetic Industry (Handbooks in Pharmacology and Toxicology)
- Hardcover collection of quality information.
- Antique Trader Vintage Clothing Price Guide
- Paperback guide with an eye for fashion to benefit historians, collectors and consumers.
- Design for Environment, Second Edition: A Guide to Sustainable Product Development: Eco-Efficient Product Development
- Hardcover teaches how environmental innovation creates business value, and helps companies to meet global energy and environmental challenges.
- Dress Fitting: Basic Principles and Practice
- Hardcover of profound teaching of design and production.
- Dress Pattern Designing
- Illustrated hardcover of perfected techniques.
- Eco-chic: The Fashion Paradox
- Paperback examines the way the fashion industry is changing to accommodate environmental concerns of the twenty first century.
- Second Skin: Choosing and Caring for Textiles and Clothing
- Learn how to produce beautiful clothes with botanical dyes.
- Fragrance Oils and Extracts
- Hardcover provides extensive studies on materials and is international in scope.
- FutureFashion White Papers
- A multifaceted view of the apparel industry with proposed solutions to environmental problems and with individual business perspectives that address financial outcomes.
- Green Design
- Hardcover demonstrates how companies that take progressive creative approaches to products and marketing can satisfy bottom lines as they maintain environmental and social values. Applies to home furnishing designers as well.
- Green is the New Black: How to Change the World with Style
- Paperback guide to all things fair trade and fabulous.
- The Natural Knitter: How to Choose, Use, and Knit Natural Fibers from Alpaca to Yak
- Hardcover with lavish illustrations.
- Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry
- Paperback delves deeply into the dark side of the beauty industry, and looks to hopeful solutions for a healthier future.
- Oils of Nature
- Hardcover of information on salient properties of certain naturally occurring oils, waxes and esters used in the formulation of personal care products.
- Plunkett’s Apparel And Textiles Industry Almanac 2007: The Only Comprehensive Guide to Apparel Companies and Trends.
- Paperback of comprehensive inustry and company research under one cover.
- Sewing Lingerie That Fits: Stylish Underwear, Sleepwear and Loungewear for Everyday Living
- Illustrated paperback to please sewers of all skill levels with step-by-step instructions.
- Second Skin: Choosing and Caring for Textiles and Clothing
- A lovely and practical environmentally-conscious resource with inspiration on selecting, acquiring, wearing, caring for, making, and repurposing textiles and apparel.
- Sustainable Fashion and Textiles: Design Journeys
- Paperback of practical information for textile and fashion practitioners.
- The Green Beauty Bible
- Paperback full of natural beauty advice with survey results.
- To Die for: Is Fashion Wearing Out the World?
- A plausible vision of how green could really be the new black.
- Vintage Style 1920-1960
- Illustrated hardcover for fashion fanatics focusing on great styles between 1925 and 1965.
- Virtual Vintage: The Insider’s Guide to Buying and Selling Fashion Online
- Paperback directory, reference and more.
- ecoDesign: The SourcebookRevised Edition
- Paperback resource guide.
- Experimental Eco-Design: Product, Architecture, Fashion
- Hardcover collection of innovative designs.
- Found Object Art (Schiffer Art Book)
- Hardcover for inspiration.
- Green Guide for Artists: Nontoxic Recipes, Green Art Ideas, & Resources for the Eco-Conscious Artist
- A much-in-demand paperback guide written by a professional to please green artists around the globe.
- Hemp for Victory
- Paperback filled with the factual history of hemp.
- How to Get Married in Green
- Clever and effective wedding ideas on transport, decorations, clothes, catering, entertainment and more.
- Indigo, Madder and Marigold: A Portfolio of Colors From Natural Dyes
- A natural dye bible hardcover.
- Making Ecopreneurs: Developing Sustainable Entrepreneurship (Corporate Social Responsibility Series)
- Hardcover of roles entrepreneurial individuals and firms have to play in the adoption of more sustainable business practices.
- Natural Materials: Sources, Properties and Uses
- Hardcover study of methods to preserve natural materials.
- Quantified Eco-Efficiency (Eco-Efficiency in Industry and Science)
- Hardcover of increasing environmental value methods, domains of application of eco-efficiency analyses, and agriculture input-output analyses.
- Simple Steps to Green Meetings and Events: The Professional’s Guide to Saving Money and the Earth
- How-to paperback teaches the new strategic imperative for businesses to be socially responsible.
- Strategies for the Green Economy: Opportunities and Challenges in the New World of Business
- The hardcover systematically tackles the central issues of greening your business.
- Sustainable Industrial Design and Waste Management: Cradle-to-Cradle for Sustainable Development
- Hardcover was inspired by the need to have a text that enveloped awareness and solutions to the ongoing issues and concerns of waste generated from industry.
- Sustainability in Interior Design (Portfolio Skills: Interior Design)
- Paperback by Sian Moxon is separated into four chapters that guide interior designers through the sustainable design process.
- The CEO and the Monk: One Company’s Journey to Profit and Purpose
- Hardcover of CEO thinking, human resources issues, and corporate culture.
- The Green Book: The Everyday Guide to Saving the Planet One Simple Step at a Time
- Paperback with hundreds of easy solutions.
- The International Handbook on Environmental Technology Management (Elgar Original Reference)
- Hardcover reference provides a vast range of insightful perspectives on the latest industry and policy issues.
- The Lazy Environmentalist: Your Guide to Easy, Stylish, Green Living
- Paperback of ways to pamper our planet.
- The Lazy Environmentalist on a Budget: Save Money. Save Time. Save the Planet.
- Paperback by famed eco expert Josh Dorfman advises how to live stylishly green on a budget.
- Ultra Materials: How Materials Innovation Is Changing the World
- Illustrated hardcover is an indispensable resource for interior, product, graphic, and fashion designers, and for anyone involved with packaging, design, or architecture.
- Unleashing the Power of People: A Guide to Organizing People and Systems
- A paperback read of how to immediately define and implement the kinds of activities that will make the biggest difference in your business.
- Urban Recycling and the Search for Sustainable Community Development
- Hardcover has important implications for social, community, and environmental advocates, and for students of contemporary urban life.
Catering | Events | Menus | Living | Yurts